Back in July, I was graced with another award … and this one is particularly special as it doesn’t come from a friend or one of my (small number of) regular readers, but from a blogger I’ve only recently met.
First condition: Display the award on your blog.
OK … here it is!
Second Condition: Link back to the person who gave you this award.
With pleasure! I’m not sure how she found my little space here, but the lovely lady over at Strega Jewellry has graciously nominated me for this one. If you haven’t found her yet, please go visit. In addition to showcasing some of her wonderful jewelry creations, she sprinkles in all sorts of information in her posts.
Third Condition: Tell 7 unknown fun facts about yourself.
Alright, I’ve got to admit this is getting tough … between what I’ve shared in posts and lists of previously unknown things about myself I’ve noted in other award posts, I’m running out of things to list! Ah well, I’ll give it a shot anyway.
- I have always had some sort of four legged critter at home. My parents got their first dog as puppy a month or so before I was born.
- I don’t really like sports of any sort. I can tolerate them and have been to plenty of baseball games, but they just don’t do anything for me. Fortunately hubby feels the same.
- I drive a full-size pick-up. Love my truck … we never have a problem trying to find space to pack whatever it is we want to take with us on trips.
- I really don’t like shopping. It’s such a pain in the butt to run around looking for whatever is needed. I do most of my shopping online and Amazon is one of my favorite sites, they have just about everything!
- I love to cook and bake but rarely do so. Between work and the usual chaos at home I don’t usually have the time. But I always make time around Thanksgiving and make everything from scratch.
- I have way too much stuff. I’m not as bad as the hoarders, but I tend to have a really hard time getting rid of things that I haven’t used in a while. I just know I’m going to need it as soon as I throw out or rehome something.
- I love candles. I have almost as many candles sitting around as I do crystals. We don’t get many power failures here as we’re on the same power substation as the airport, but during one that we had a few years ago all the neighbors thought we still had power because there was that much light inside after I lit all the candles in the house.
Last condition: Nominate some other folks for the Lovely Blog Award.
My nominees for this award are all ladies with beautiful souls …
Goodbye Whoopee Pie: She’ll deny it but despite her tender nature Mary Beth is one of the strongest women I’ve had the privilege to get to know.
Just My Life: Chlost is a tough cookie with a heart of gold and I have always enjoyed her down to earth views.
One Wild and Precious Life: Carla is just amazing. She has so much energy and zest for life. Whether wandering around New Orleans, hiking the Appalachian Trail, or talking about the goings on at home, she always makes me feel like we’re chatting over a cup of tea.
Reinventing the Event Horizon: Kathy is a talented artist and writer and another very strong woman. She’s open and honest about her feelings and her love of life and family, and her passion, comes through in everything she does.
Zona Pellucida: Though she’s listed last (I went alphabetically ya know) Dana most certainly can’t be last in my book. She’s a free spirit and has a wonderful sense of humor that is evident in just about everything she posts.
Please check out these lovely ladies if you haven’t already found them!
© Copyright dragonfae 2012