Too many of us spend Thanksgiving focusing on the food that is prepared and eaten this day. And if we actually remember to give thanks, it’s forgotten almost as quickly as the meal. At least so it seems to me. I don’t do shopping on “Black Friday”, or anytime between Halloween and Christmas. It’s depressing. I think of these holidays as an ideal or goal for how we should be all year … full of love and happiness, not commercialism and the general nastiness I see in too many people when I’m out and about.
I’m trying to be thankful every day, not just on Thanksgiving. I don’t always remember, but I think that when we look for even something small to be thankful for each day, it helps with our overall outlook on life in general.
But since today is Thanksgiving, I’ll share some things that I’m thankful for before I roast our turkey and mash the potatoes. (the pies are already made) I’m thankful that:
- we have a roof over our heads
- both hubby and I are still employed, especially given the economy
- that we are both relatively healthy
- we are able to find time to just be
- that Darling Daughter and her hubby are healthy and happy
- we have some wonderful friends to share life’s ups and downs with
I hope that all my blog friends/family have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Hug your loved ones and enjoy their company. And be thankful for all the good things in your life.
© Copyright dragonfae 2011