I’ve been blogging now for just over a year. When I started blogging I really was just intending to have an outlet for some of the things floating around in my head but have been pleasantly surprised that I’ve found some new friends (OK, some are more like family 🙂 ) through this medium. And now Frank over at A Frank Angle and Nancy at Young American Wisdom have both graced me with the Versatile Blogger Award … you guys are too sweet!
For those who haven’t found him yet, Frank blogs about a variety of interesting subjects from science and religion/spirituality to politics, baseball, and just some fun stuff. Check his space out when you get a chance. 😉
If you have (or have had) kids, Nancy’s blog is a hoot. She generally writes about conversations with the kids, informing all us adults about all the stuff we’re too stupid to know. It’s great fun. 🙂
The rules behind The Versatile Blogger Award are simple.
- Post a link to the Versatile Blogger who gave you the award.
- Share seven things about yourself that are not widely known.
- Nominate at least five other bloggers. (I’ve seen a version that said 15 … very glad this is the shorter one!)
I’ve covered the first requirement in my opening paragraph so onto the stuff about me:
- I like snakes and spiders. I’ve never had a spider as a pet but I have owned several snakes. I had a gopher snake and a king snake when I was a teen (not at the same time) and used to “babysit” two large boa constrictors belonging to my high school biology teacher for the summer. I love tarantulas (they are really cool spiders) and leave most of the spiders around the house and yard alone … the non-poisonous ones anyway.
- I was a tomboy as a kid. One of my favorite places to go was a small sandstone “canyon” that had been cut by water from a drainage pipe under the cemetery up the hill. Friends and I used to go hunt for lizards and tree frogs there and we’d spend hours just wandering around or digging in the sandstone.
- I am the shortest person in my immediate family. I’m 5’6″ and probably take after my dad’s mother (she was about 5’4″). My dad is 6’4″ and my mom is 5’11”. Both of my brothers are over 6 foot as well.
- I don’t get women who drool over men. I’ve never “swooned” over an actor, or any other man for that matter. Sorry ladies, I just don’t get it.
- I can hook up electronics without a manual. I know guys, that’s not supposed to be possible, but there you have it. I picked out, set up, and hooked up our TV, cable box, VCR (yes, I still have a VCR), amplifier, DVD player, CD Player, equalizer, cassette deck (yep, got one of those too), and speakers together without once looking at a manual. Hubby is very happy I can do this since he hates dealing with it, even with a manual.
- I’ve never been on a cruise and have no desire to do so. I don’t like small spaces, don’t like crowds, am not into “dressing up for dinner” (though once in a while is OK), and prefer to do my own vacation planning. My in-laws took a “freighter cruise” once … that I might consider. I do like being on the water and love sailing or going whale watching, just not with a bazzillion other people.
- I played guitar when I was in my teens. Led Zeppelin was big when I was in Jr. High (now called Middle School here) and High School and I really wanted to be able to play “Stairway to Heaven”. When I heard “Crystal Ball” by Styx, I had to get a 12 string so I could learn to play that too. I quit playing when I decided I liked my nails longish but still have my grandfather’s Gibson copy.
Brea is one of those rare, wonderfully sweet souls … and a terrific writer. In Brea’s Air she infuses everything she blogs about with her infectious humor in an honest, down to earth manner.
Fox over at Journey of a Wild Spirit is my best friend and soul sister so I’m probably a bit more than biased where she is concerned. Regardless, in addition to ramblings about her daily life and family, her blog is also a showcase for some of the wonderful things she creates.
The Zen Assassin (Ian, I really get a kick out of that … very descriptive!) at The $#!& I Think About has some really funny (and frequently random) stuff pop into his head that ends up in his blog. He doesn’t always post frequently, but when he does, it’s worth it. 😉
Irene at The Soapbox is hysterical! If you’re having a down day, just go wander around her blog for an hour or so … I guarantee you will leave with a smile on your face. 🙂
Jill at Thypolar’s Life Uncensored is another who I’m probably too biased about. I don’t care … she’s a breath of fresh air on the net as far as I’m concerned. She’s open and honest and has a twisted sense of humor that’s infectious.
There are some other really great blogs I read, so check out my blog list too. 😉
And I should probably thank whatever gods are in charge of justice and jury duty … I’ve been trying to get to this for about 3 weeks now and things kept popping up. I got “stuck” on jury duty this week, and low and behold, Los Angeles County saw fit to provide free wireless internet to their courthouses. 😀
As for the update I owe all my blogging buddies … I promise I will get something out soon. In the meantime, everything is fine so don’t worry. 😉
© Copyright dragonfae 2011