I’d intended to post this much earlier this year but got a little busy (understatement of the year!) but it’s already way late so I’m not sure it makes much difference at this point … and hey, as behind as I am on blogging two posts in one day is a good thing.
My dear friend Brea over at Finding Brea (she used to have a blog here on WP titled ‘My Dandelion Wine‘) graced me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award just before the end of 2012 … what a nice way to end the year! I was hoping it would be a nudge to get myself back into the swing of (at least semi-) regular blogging but life intervened for a while.
One: Display the award logo on your blog.
Here it is!
Two: Link back to the person who nominated you.
Yep, did that above.
Three: State 7 things about yourself
I’m assuming here that this should be seven things I haven’t already posted previously. Hmmmm
- Recent discussions with hubby have made me realize that throughout my life I’ve been involved with more animals than I’d realized. I’ve trained horses, played with goats, had rabbits, guinea pigs, and hamsters, raised mice and rats, cared for (and owned) snakes, fish and birds, and of course the more “common” cats and dogs.
- None of the animals I’ve personally been owned by were “normal”. And almost all of them get along … I’ve had parakeets, rats, and guinea pigs that played with our cats, and the current cat and dog like each other so much they wake each other up to play.
- I worked in an engineering job for 10 years before ever heading to college. I got laid off in the early 90′s and decided then to go get my degree. During my junior year I met a fella who eventually hired me for my last engineering job (the one I recently left).
- I love camping. We haven’t been in years as the getting ready before, and the cleanup after, wears me out (it’s a ton of work!) but we still have all our gear. We’ve camped all over California, Arizona, Colorado, and even camped out of an airplane in Idaho (best camping trip ever!).
- Even though I was born in Arizona, I didn’t visit the Grand Canyon until 20 years after we’d moved to Southern California. I didn’t visit Sedona until October 2012.
- One of my secret vices is court TV … it just boggles my mind how clueless some people are.
- I still love cartoons. OK, mostly animated movies at this point, but they are fun. And now that we have the grandbaby, I’ll have plenty of “excuses” to watch them all again in the not too distant future.
Four: Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link them.
Really? 15? That’s about half my blogroll! I’m going to bend the rules a bit here and say that I find anyone listed there inspirational in some way … but I also know many of you don’t like doing the “award” thing so if you want to, go for it. But I will note here those who I find particularly inspirational.
- Fox at Journey of a Wild Spirit is a dear friend and soul sister … but that just means I’m a little biased, she’s still a source of inspiration. Whether through her jewelry, photography, or just being with her family, her love of life and beauty shines brightly.
- Frank over at A Frank Angle is an all around great person … he’s always got something interesting to say and is awesome about keeping up with the comments.
- John (yes, he finally started a blog!) at Commentality – Lotsa Comments is another great fella. No matter what’s going on with him he’s always got a kind word for everyone.
- Mary Beth over at Goodbye Whoopee Pie is just amazing. She bares her soul in a way that will make you smile as you share her love of life.
- Kathy at Reinventing the Event Horizon just blows me away. She’s such a courageous and creative soul … and she is one hell of a writer!
It’s very belated, but thank you Brea! *hugs* I hope everyone has a terrific week!
© Copyright dragonfae 2013